HARTWICK PINES STATE PARK
- Reservations are taken for the calendar year beginning on January 2.
- Seating capacity is 18 persons.
- No amplified equipment allowed. A portable tape player may be used inside the chapel to provide music. Music must be played at a volume that will not be disturbing to other park visitors.
- Chapel is not handicap accessible. Two four-inch steps exist going into the building.
- No vehicular access to the chapel. Chapel is approximately 350 yards from the parking area.
- There is a “no-smoking policy” throughout the virgin pines area and the chapel is in this forested area. Lighted (drip less) candles are permitted inside the chapel only.
- Decorations or props must be free-standing or taped. All evidence of decorations and/or props must be removed following the service.
- The chapel has no electricity or restrooms. Restrooms are available at the Visitor Center.
- Refunds: Please contact 800-447-2757 regarding refunds.
- During the ceremony, a park ranger may be assisting (depending on staffing availability) to help limit disturbances. Upon prior request, transportation may be arranged from the picnic area to the chapel for the elderly and physically challenged needing assistance. This service is not for transporting supplies and bridal party.
- Recreation Passports are required for vehicles entering the park. They may be obtained from the Secretary of State Office or at the park.
The fee is $116 for a two hour time block (10-noon, noon-2, 2-4). A reservation fee may apply
Please contact the Park at (989) 348-7068 on Monday – Friday between 8 a.m. and 4:30 p.m. Winter hours may vary, please leave a message.
“Opt-in to the outdoors! Support the Recreation Passport. Learn more at: www.michigan.gov/recreationpassport”