When you’re on a motorcycle, half the fun of the trip is getting there!!
Dozens of beautiful rides are within two hours of your Grayling Area Home Base.
Water, water, everywhere…2 world famous rivers & dozens of lakes with easy access
Crawford County Dual Sport Riders Paradise – 147,000 acres of state property for two-track adventures. Dozens of camping facilities both remote and modern.
Crawford County Scenic Road Rides
- County Road 612 west to Mancelona or east to Lewiston (rough road)
- Old 27 to Higgins Lake
- F97 along the eastern border of the county
Dozens of Pure Michigan rides within two hours from your Grayling Home Base. Crawford County – Your Home Base
- To avoid the freeway, use our many scenic two lane county roads
- Explore three Great Lakes in a 6 hour round-trip tour beginning in Grayling.
- Visit numerous attractions such as casinos, Mackinac Island, Sault Ste. Marie & the Locks System
- Day trip to White Fish Pointe, site of the Edmund Fitzgerald Museum
- Eastern route to Mackinaw City from Grayling via Alpena and U.S. 23
- Up and over the Leelanau Peninsula for breath-taking views of Lake Michigan
- Upscale boutique shopping in Charlevoix and Petoskey
- Test your courage riding the Mackinac Bridge (suspension bridge 330 feet above Lakes Huron & Michigan). Ride on the grated portion and allow your passenger to look down to the water.
- Magnificent day trip to Drummond Island, the most eastern point of Michigan’s Upper Peninsula
- A loop-tour from Grayling to the Upper Peninsula’s U.S.2 Westbound (Cut River Bridge). Continue Westbound to M117 to M123 to Tahquamenon Falls & back. Stopping for lunch, this is an 8 hour trip.
- West from Grayling to Empire for the Sleeping Bear Sand Dunes
- Cherry Orchards Drive:The BMW Motorcycle Magazine and National Geographic’s 1999; one of the “Top 20 Beautiful U.S. Rides” featured: The “Cherry Orchards Drive”… from Grayling take M-72 West to Mancelona Road (about 15 miles), north to Mancelona. Follow M-88 to M-31, North to Charlevoix and Petoskey, following M-119 at Bay View. Take M-119 to its’ end, then follow the signs to Wilderness State Park. Turn right at the park entrance and follow the road along the Lake Michigan shoreline and the Mackinaw Bridge will appear on your left. Stopping for lunch, this is about a five-hour round trip from Grayling.
Leave your motorcycle and accessories at your motel; put on a pair of shorts and a t-shirt and enjoy a relaxing canoe or kayak trip without having to worry about your bike or gear!!! For canoe rental and shuttle service to and from your motel, call:
Borcher’s AuSable Canoe Livery
800-762-8756 canoeborchers.com Reservations must be made in advance for this special service to motorcyclists.