Snowmobile Conditions 1/3/14 – Trails are being groomed and are in fair to good shape, with some snirt starting to show through. The following weather report calls for some more snow and really cold temps if you don’t want to read through the whole thing.
From National Weather Service…Saturday:
* Snow will spread east into the remainder of eastern Upper Michigan and northwest Lower Michigan.
* Accumulations of 1-3 inches are expected over eastern Upper Michigan with 1 to perhaps 2″ along and west of Interstate 75 in northwest Lower.
* Southwest winds of 15-25 mph with gusts to 45 mph along the coast of Lake Michigan, with gusts to 30 mph elsewhere. This will again result in significant blowing of any snow that falls with local whiteout conditions.
* Temperatures will be much warmer than today (upper 20s), but with the wind it will not feel that way!
* Respite with a few snow showers expected.
* Extremely cold airmass moves into northern Michigan. High
temperatures will be within a few degrees of zero (plus and minus) Monday and Tuesday. Lows will be in the minus single digits Sunday night and minus 10-15 on Monday night.
* Lake effect snow showers are expected across eastern upper and northwest Lower Michigan with light to moderate accumulations.
* Strong northwest winds (10-20 mph with gusts 20-30 mph) will cause significant blowing of any snow that falls. This will likely cause local whiteout conditions.
* Wind chills to -30 degrees are expected.