AuSable River Festival Parade
City of Grayling
“Heart of the North”
1020 City Boulevard / P.O. Box 549
Grayling, MI 49738
Phone (989) 348-2131 Fax (989) 348-6752
TEMPORARY ROUTE DUE TO CONSTRUCTION: REVISED – Parade Route Map
Starting at Galen Street on Michigan Avenue, the parade will proceed along Lake Street to Peninsular. Units will turn left onto Peninsular and proceed to Ottawa Street. Turning left on Ottawa Street and proceeding to Chestnut Street, turning left to the reach the end of the parade, at the corner of Chestnut and Ogemaw Street. This returns units to the original staging area along Ogemaw Street. The parade line-up starts along the right edge of Ogemaw Street from Galen to Peninsular. Large units will be staged and depart from the hospital parking lot.
A COPY OF THE PARADE RULES SHALL BE GIVEN TO EACH PARADE ENTRY.
- The parade line-up along the street edge cannot block or interfere with passing traffic. DO NOT BLOCK DRIVEWAYS. Only use the far right edge of the street heading in the direction of parade to line-up.
- PLEASE BE COURTEOUS TO PROPERTIES ALONG THE PARADE ROUTE AND KEEP YOUR LITTER PICKED UP.
- No person without a valid Operator’s License or permit may drive a vehicle or motorized exhibit. All Vehicles and motorized exhibits must have proof of insurance. Unlicensed or underage youth may not drive a motorized vehicle of any type, particularly mopeds, motorcycles, or ORV four wheelers.
- An emergency vehicle lane must be maintained from North Down River Road along the east side of Michigan Avenue (hospital side) to Plum Street. Please direct all exhibitors to proceed along the westerly side of Michigan Avenue.
- Owners/handlers of horses are responsible for the conduct and actions of their horses and for any liability arising out of the same. This notice must be shared with the owner/handler in advance of horses being allowed in the parade and they must have some form of general liability insurance. The owner/handler is responsible for the cleanup of any deposits a horse may leave on city streets.
- Candy or any other type of missiles (objects) thrown from any exhibit or vehicle is strictly prohibited. Exhibitors in violation of this rule will be asked to leave the parade line-up immediately. People may walk along the parade route and hand out candy or other premiums.
- All passengers riding on an exhibit must be securely protected from falling off.
- PARADE PARTICIPANTS SHALL RETURN TO THE PLACE OF LINE UP TO DISASSEMBLE THEIR ENTRIES OR ARRANGE FOR PICK UP FROM THAT POINT. PARTICIPANTS SHALL NOT BE ALLOWED TO RIDE ON ENTRIES OUTSIDE THE PARADE ROUTE AND ARE SUBJECT TO ALL APPLICABLE LAWS.
REVIEWED AND ADOPTED BY CITY COUNCIL JULY 09, 2012
EMERGENCY VEHICLE INFORMATION:
EMERGENCY VEHICLES OR VEHICLES EQUIPPED WITH SIRENS ARE NOT TO USE THE SIRENS DURING THE PARADE EXCEPT TO LEAVE THE PARADE ROUTE FOR AN EMERGENCY. HORNS ARE STILL ALLOWED DURING THE PARADE.
Dear Friend of the AuSable River Festival:
Grayling has had a canoe parade associated with the AuSable River dating back to 1935 and it is a rich heritage for our community. Each year our parade is held in conjunction with the AuSable River International Canoe Marathon. Become a part of this wonderful tradition and join us – in Grayling – for the AuSable River Festival Parade. REVISED ROUTE DUE TO CONSTRUCTION- PLEASE SEE THE ATTACHED MAP!
We welcome everyone – your group, service club, business, non-profit organization, etc. Just complete the application below in full and return it to the address at the top. If there are any other special arrangements needed – send that information. For bands and marching group, we would appreciate a picture and we will give you some advance publicity. If you have questions, feel free to contact me at 989-348-6171.
THEME: 70’s & 80’s – Celebrating the 80th Parade
We look forward to hearing from you soon.
Maureen Barkume, Chairperson
AuSable River Festival Parade Committee
Office 989-348-6171 Fax 989-348-6181 Cell 248-229-8476
2016 AuSABLE RIVER FESTIVAL PARADE APPLICATION
Due by July 28, 2016
Name of Organization: ________________________________________________
Contact Person: ______________________________________________________
City: _______________________ State: ________________ Zip: ________________
Phone-Business: ___________ Home: ______________ E-Mail: _____________
TYPE OF UNIT
_____Marching Band ______ Marching Group _______ Vehicle (decorative/antique)
_____Float ______Other ______ With Music _____Without Music
Number of people in entry_______ Total Length Needed___________
Please provide brief description of your entry: