- Special Places to Visit
- Things to Do
- Where to Sleep, Eat & Shop
- Rivers & Lakes
Woodshaving Days 2022 – Woodshaving Days at Hartwick Pines is here!! Scheduled for the weekend of July 16th and 17th, 2022, Woodshaving Days is the perfect family friendly event you shouldn’t miss.
Have you ever wondered what it was like to live during the logging era? Do you love arts and crafts? Do you enjoying living history and enjoying the beauty of nature? This is the event for you! One of the longest running events at Hartwick Pines State Park, families have been coming to Woodshaving Days on the same weekend for decades.
Join us for this FREE event open to the public! A Recreation Passport is required for park entry (see below).
DEMONSTRATIONS & ACTIVITIES:
**Learn about the Edward E. Hartwick Memorial Building **
• Experience the Logging Museum
• Artisan Demonstrations: Blacksmiths, Woodworkers, and More
• Steam Powered Sawmill will be Operating!
• Stroll the Old Growth White Pine Forest
• Visit the Chapel in the Pines
• Friends’ Bookstore in the Visitor Center has Souvenirs, Apparel, Nature Books, Toys, Beverages, Snacks, and More!
Hartwick Pines is an accessible park with many paved pathways. There are a couple steep hills on the Old Growth Trail. A wheelchair can be borrowed on-site, subject to availability.
• Friendly pets are welcome!
• Pets must be on a 6′ or shorter leash and in control at all times.
• Pets – except service animals – are not allowed in park buildings.
• Clean up after your pets, it’s the law. Pet-waste bags and trash cans are located throughout the park.
LOCATION & PARKING:
• Attractions can be seen at the Visitor Center, Logging Museum, Memorial Building, Day Use Area, and Old Growth Forest!
• Parking is available at the Visitor Center and Day Use Area, both are accessed from the main Hartwick Pines State Park entrance on M-93, 2 miles east of I-75, exit 259, at 3612 State Park Dr., Grayling,