- Special Places to Visit
- Things to Do
- Where to Sleep, Eat & Shop
- Rivers & Lakes
The 71st annual running of One of the Greatest Canoe Races on Earth – The AuSable River Canoe Marathon, Presented by Consumers Energy – is upcoming July 28-29, 2018.
Marathon Week activities start Tuesday, July 24 and carry on through the conclusion of the Marathon, Sunday, July 29.
OSCODA – Tuesday, July 24
– $5,000 DA$H FOR CA$H! AuSable Finish Line Park – Mill St. Bridge & US-23
GRAYLING – Wednesday-Friday, July 25-27
– Time Trial Sprints for Starting Position. Penrod’s Canoeing, Kayaking, Cabins and Mountain Bike Rental toOld AuSable Fly Shop/State Police Crime Lab
GRAYLING – Saturday, July 28
– 6:00 p.m. Pre-race program begins – Biz Loop AuSable River Bridge
– 9:00 p.m. Marathon start with the Lemans-style run to the river
OSCODA – Sunday, July 29
– 10:00 a.m. Finish Line program begins at AuSable Finish Line Park-Mill St. Bridge & US-23
– 11-11:30 a.m. AuSable Marathon winners finish
– 4:00 p.m. Marathon concludes
If you can’t follow the race in-person, follow on the radio and online!
– Frequent reports throughout the race will be carried by the Official Radio Stations of the AuSable Marathon: 98.5 UPS-The Station that Delivers and @HITSFM 94.9&103.3. These stations will also be streaming LIVE on the web.
– Via periodic live and nearly-live reports on our Facebook Page
– Follow teams on the online GPS Race Mapping, on the websiteAuSableCanoeMarathon.org
Here are links to AuSable Marathon & Grayling / Oscoda area information resources:
– The Marathon website with links to live race coverage, race info, stats, visitor info and more: ausablecanoemarathon.org/
– The Marathon Program Guide & Spectator Guide online: issuu.com/
– The Marathon on Instagram – @AuSableMarathon
– The Marathon YouTube Channel – AuSable Canoe Marathon: youtube.com/user/
– The Marathon Twitter Feed – @AuSableMarathon: twitter.com/