The Grayling Area
The Grayling area is a sanctuary for those who seek the great outdoors. When you're here, you enter “River Time Zone”– where time has no meaning.
Year round, Grayling offers casual adventures for outdoor enthusiasts. Enjoy biking, hiking, golfing, disc golfing, canoeing, kayaking and fishing on the AuSable and Manistee Rivers as well as endangered Kirtland’s Warbler tours, geocaching and historical sites. In the winter, snowtubing, snowboarding, and downhill skiing as well as numerous groomed or ungroomed trails for cross country skiing and snowmobiling are all available. 70% of the land in Crawford County is owned by either the State or Federal government, allowing public access to literally thousands of acres.
Whether it’s a family vacation, a weekend getaway, or just the desire for the total outdoor experience, when you arrive in Grayling, you have access to all that Northern Michigan has to offer.
- The Jazzed Because Quartet Returns to the AuSable Artisan Village Gallery
- Facebookers Choices of Favorite Restaurant Meals
- Fall Color, road closure
- The AAV – Small Steps Lead to Big Steps
- Interesting things I’ve seen this week
- Mountain bike races @ Hanson Hills
- Strange Sight
- Michigan Trails Week is just around the corner